Fall is approaching, and STH 69 is starting to take its final shape!!
Construction Update for STH 69 and the upcoming weeks:
- The Bridge over the Badger Mill Creek is closed.
- Major grading operations are finishing up, roadway aggregates are being trimmed in preparation for asphalt
- Work in the roundabout at CTH PB is continuing with placement of concrete items, and lighting.
- Asphalt work is anticipated to begin the week of September 19th, and will continue for approximately 3-4 weeks. **Traffic may be held up or routed around the crew during paving to allow the rollers to finish in an area so that traffic doesn’t damage the new pavement.
- Landscaping work is on-going
- Once the pavement is completed, aggregate shoulders will be placed, as well as signing, pavement marking and finishing work.
- Grading work continues from Diane Avenue towards Henry Road, away from the current STH 69 roadway in preparation for 2023.
- Utility work continues south of Paoli to Belleville, and more is anticipated this fall
A reminder that CTH PB at STH 69 in Paoli is closed to all traffic.
Paoli Road to the west is permanently removed from STH 69, and a cul-de-sac will be built. There is a temporary connection to Paoli Road to the east, but this will be permanently removed in the near future.
STH 69 is closed to thru traffic. Access is allowed for residents and businesses that have an origin or destination on the project. It is highly suggested to use your closest access to STH 69 to get to a driveway. Large trucks need to use appropriate truck routes.
Please slow down, and the construction crew has the right-of-way.
A signed detour route is posted and follows WIS 92, WIS 78 and US 18/151.
Project Website: https://projects.511wi.gov/wis69/
If you have any comments or questions, please reach out to Kim Ballweg at 608.212.5191 or ballwegk@AyresAssociates.com.
Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout the construction season. The section from Paoli to Verona is anticipated to open around November 1st.